Job Posting: Video Editor & Videographer
Note: This is an volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
Our approach is through improving access to technology & education for vulnerable youths in our local community. We partner mostly with youth shelters in our local community (Greater Toronto Area).
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community while gaining valuable skill set specific to marketing & communications.
We are looking for a creative Videographer to create videos to tell the organization’s story and mission as well as curate docu-series to share industry insights.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to talk to you.
Submit up two or three video samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Videography and video editing (ideally with access to your choice of video editing tools)
- Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, Illustrator, & after affects)
- Content creating
- Copywriting abilities
- Own all aspect of video creation responsibility
- Creatively and accurately storyboard, shoot, edit, package & post content; exercise sound editorial and technical judgment
- Source and secure stock media and music tracks when needed
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Director and other stakeholders on concepts to help efficiently deliver a well-produced product that conveys a message that lands on the audience
Accountability and Organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable to see projects, programs, and efforts through to completion.
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely fashion seeking team input, using data, and applying creative approaches and innovative ideas
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is September 15, 2020
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.