Job Posting: (Senior) Project Manager
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered. The title is flexible based on candidate’s experience.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
The three main focuses for the Project Manager/Coordinator are:
(1) planning, overseeing, and leading projects across The Toronto Local Charity and Success Accelerator
(2) assist with cross functional team on organization case requirements and project risk
(3) support The Toronto Local Charity and its mission!
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community while gaining valuable skill set specific to marketing and leadership development!
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Planning, designing, implementing and evaluating key projects identified to achieve organizational priorities and quality improvement
- Applying project management principles to the introduction or expansion of new programs and services. This could include activities related to education program, marketing, fundraising, or other organizational functions.
- Develop and execute a project management strategy to meet philanthropic objectives, a plan that will strengthen existing relationships and build support for specific campaign initiatives
- Create departmental or cross-departmental efficiencies, including marketing, programming, partnerships, recruiting, etc.
- Support the team as needed to achieve project goal
- Review and polish materials and proposals for messaging, consistency, appropriateness, and quality
- Participation on relevant committees, both internally and within the community
- Monitor website to ensure optimal functioning, presentation and Search Engine Optimization
- Serve as stories developer and archivist
Accountability and Organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable to see projects, programs, and efforts through to completion.
- Strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to deal with complex issues as they arise and overcome challenges in a collaborative fashion
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely fashion seeking team input, using data, and applying creative approaches and innovative ideas
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is August 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.