We are looking for creative and engaging Volunteers to develop content to support our MarCom strategy including social media posts and newsletters.
Note: This is an volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to creating diverse leaders of tomorrow. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
Our sister brand is Success Accelerator.
The main four pillars we have are elevating and enhancing access to:
💭 Emotional Intelligence
💙 Mental Wellness
The three main focuses for the Marketing & Communications Coordinator are:
(1) implement the marketing & communication programs of The Local Charity and Success Accelerator (this is brand new, so we’re building from the ground up)
(2) collaborate with stakeholders, identify media opportunities to share our brand and promote our services, and
(3) support The Local Charity and its mission!
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community while gaining valuable skill set specific to marketing and leadership development!
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Desire to develop writing, proofreading, and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging, and creative copy for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Desire to develop skills in marketing, with a focus on digital and social media
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
- Desire to develop time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Develop and maintain key messaging, branding, across all communications channels.
- Implement a digital strategy that encompasses web content, web marketing, social media, and other collateral
- Writing, editing, and proofing of written assets
- Participation on relevant committees, both internally and within the community
- Serve as stories developer and archivist
Accountability and Organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable to see projects, programs, and efforts through to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Desire to develop ability to deal with complex issues as they arise and overcome challenges in a collaborative fashion
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely fashion seeking team input, using data, and applying creative approaches and innovative ideas
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Marketing & Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Application deadline is September 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.