Job Posting: Guest Speaker/Instructor for Education Program
Note: This is a volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
Our approach is through improving access to technology & education for vulnerable youths in our local community, as well as promote mental wellness and emotional intelligence.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
We are looking for an Instructor to develop the content for this workshop series, we have a dedicated Education Program Director that specialize in education to help design the framework of the program. Together, you will to develop the content for the program to empower youth.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and subject matter expert in their domain related to the subject life skill. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to talk to you.
- Enable participants to learn about different career paths related to technology and identify the one that best fit them
- Enable participants to learn the life skills and build higher self-confidence/self-awareness
- Provide educational workshops that develops tangible skill sets & soft skills (such as critical thinking) that prepares them for their career path
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Potential area of specialization may include: Financial Literacy (Basic Budget), Digital Literacy, Online Privacy, Online Scam, Smart Consumer, Mental Wellness, Emotional Intelligence, and other life skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Possess practical skill set for today’s workforce and ability to teach it
- Comfortable presenting to students with various learning style
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Co-create program syllabus and content along with our Education Program Director
- Co-lead the workshops
- Provide feedback to the team to revise the program
- Assist participants to close the gap to gainful employment in a career related to the subject
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is February 28, 2022.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.