Job Posting: Education Program Director/Manager
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
- Offer educational workshops for the clients (youth age 16-29 from local underserved communities)
- Provide educational workshops that develops tangible skill sets that prepares them for the workforce and/or empowers them to be the author of their own story
Our sister brand is Success Accelerator.
We just launched SuccessAcelerator.ca and have exciting vision to grow this program! We have three programs that we are currently offering:
- Interactive Youth Leadership Program
- 21st Century Workshop Series
- Emotional Intelligence Series
We are open to candidates that have their own ideas that aligns with our vision to execute, or someone that shares the passion and would like to support one of our ideas. The main four pillars we have are elevating and enhancing access to:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Mental Wellness
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity, Success Accelerator or other avenue).
- Background in relevant field (e.g. Education, Social Work, Psychology) is sought or a combination of relevant experience and/or education
- Familiarity with the employment, mental wellness, and other related resources and system
- Familiarity in launching a program and the mechanics along the way
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Responsibilities (may include combination of)
- All aspect program development for Success Academy
- Design program, work with internal executive to execute plan for long term sustainability & scalability
- Work with stakeholders to develop presentations, facilitator’s guide, participant’s workbook, etc.
- Recruit and interview workshop instructors and workshop leaders
- Work with partnership director and marketing to recruit attendees
- Oversee successful integration of program with client’s need (youths are the client)
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Education Program Director” in the subject line.
Application deadline August 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.