The role of the Facilitator plays a critical role in supporting the execution of the programs. They will attend the workshops and be the back of the room leader from assisting registrants’ attendance, leading breakout sessions, helping take notes in the chatbox, etc.
Note: This is a volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to creating diverse leaders of tomorrow. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
Our sister brand is Success Accelerator.
We are open to candidates that have their own ideas that aligns with our vision to execute, or someone that shares the passion and would like to support one of our ideas. The main four pillars we have are elevating and enhancing access to:
💭 Emotional Intelligence
💙 Mental Wellness
- Offer educational workshops for the clients (youth age 16-29 from local underserved communities)
- Provide educational workshops that develops tangible skill sets that prepares them for the workforce and/or empowers them to be the author of their own story
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity, Success Accelerator or other avenue).
- Personality to lead breakout sessions and conduct the opening (introduction) for workshop programs.
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Responsibilities (may include combination of)
- Assist with administrative tasks for the workshop instructors
- Attend training/enablement sessions for workshops you are supporting
- Welcome the participants, present the introduction of the workshop and introduce the instructor
- Take photos or videos of the workshop as permitted/appropriate
- Lead breakout sessions of the workshop
- Support the workshop behind the scene, during, and after as needed (training and instructions provided)
- Create the workshop impact report
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in developing problem-solving skills
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Education Program Facilitator” in the subject line.
Application deadline September 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.