Education Program Lead: Financial Empowerment
Note: This is a volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to creating diverse leaders of tomorrow. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
- Design an impactful Financial Empowerment program for the clients (youth age 16-29 from local underserved communities)
- Empower the next generation to be financially stable. Design a program (8-10 sessions) that builds a strong foundation of financial literacy, explores their relationship with money, get transformation around it.
Our sister brand is Success Accelerator.
Our three main pillars are:
💭 Elevating Mental Wellness
🧠 Mindset Transformational Approach to Essential Life Skills
💻 Enhancing Access to Technology
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity, Success Accelerator or other avenue).
- Background in relevant field (e.g. Instructional Design, Social Work, etc.) is sought or a combination of relevant experience and/or education
- Leverage existing resources from the community (ie. Prosper Canada) as well as your own network/experience to develop this program
- Familiarity with the employment, mental wellness, and other related resources and system
- Familiarity in launching a program and the mechanics along the way
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Responsibilities (may include combination of)
- All aspect program development for Success Accelerator
- Design program, work with internal executive to execute plan for long term sustainability & scalability
- Work with stakeholders to develop presentations, facilitator’s guide, participant’s workbook, etc.
- Recruit and interview workshop instructors and workshop leaders/facilitators (along with our assistance)
- Work with MarCom to recruit attendees
- Oversee successful integration of program with client’s need (youths are the client)
- Create the program impact report (along with our assistance)
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com. Please reference “Education Program Lead: Financial Empowerment” in the subject line.
Application deadline August 31, 2023.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.