Job Posting: Partnership Director/Manager
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run community of professionals empowering youths from our local community to reach their greatest potential! We are a Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
Meaningful work – Our executive volunteer team have broad and thoughtful accountabilities that leverages skills and stretches learning. We deliver sustainable and high impact programs that brings positive change to the trajectory of the individuals and families we work with.
Trust – Our executive volunteer team are given the authority to make decisions and act within the accountability of their roles.
If you want an engaging, meaningful volunteer experience and feel connected to our mission, please join us!
- Connect with potential community partners to identify if there is an intersection where our mission meets to partner together
- Ensure alignment between community partners and internal program directors
- Gather feedback in the market to shape programs internally
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Familiarity in adult education and/or technology, with a focus on education
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
- Excellent time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest
- Collaborate with senior management and marketing teammates to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with organization’s guidelines and policies
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization – you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Keep a great ongoing relationships with current partners and offer new ways to grow the partnership
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to Laney at email@example.com. Please quote “Partnership Director” in the subject line.
Application deadline July 24, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.