Job Posting: Marketing & Communications Director/Manager
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered. The title is flexible based on candidate’s experience.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a no-frills operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses that is privately funded. You can rest assured that 100% of the public’s generous donation to The Local Charity goes directly towards the program.
The three main focuses for the Marketing & Communications Director/Manager are:
(1) spearhead the marketing strategy and execution for The Local Charity and its programs,
(2) build awareness, fundraising, and stewardship communications, and
(3) support The Local Charity and its mission!
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community while gaining valuable skill set specific to marketing and leadership development!
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging, and creative copy for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Familiarity in marketing, with a focus on digital and social media
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Proficiency in WordPress and the management of website/basic HTML (or quick to learn) is an asset
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
- Excellent time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to meet philanthropic objectives, a plan that will strengthen existing relationships and build support for specific campaign initiatives
- Develop and maintain key messaging, branding, across all communications channels.
- Develop and implement a digital strategy that encompasses web content, web marketing, social media, public relations, and other collateral
- Develop relationships with the media, prepare press release
- Writing, editing, and proofing of written assets
- Review and polish fundraising materials and proposals for messaging, consistency, appropriateness, and quality
- Regularly assess impact of marketing strategy against metrics that measure its effectiveness and reach, and present findings to the team
- Participation on relevant committees, both internally and within the community
- Monitor website to ensure optimal functioning, presentation and Search Engine Optimization
- Serve as stories developer and archivist
Accountability and Organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable to see projects, programs, and efforts through to completion.
- Strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
- Ability to deal with complex issues as they arise and overcome challenges in a collaborative fashion
- Ability to make sound decisions in a timely fashion seeking team input, using data, and applying creative approaches and innovative ideas
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com
Application deadline is November 17, 2019.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.