Job Posting: Information Technology Director
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is based in Toronto, Ontario. We are devoted to relief of poverty, with a specialty working with at risk youth and families.
The organization operates virtually, eliminating high overhead costs such as brick & mortar or salary, therefore streamlining our effort to maximize each donated dollar! Charity is singular and achievable. We make real life changes – one person at a time.
The Local Charity plans to launch Connect TO Success in September of 2019. Connect TO Success is a computer program that provides computer and internet access to underprivileged youth, families & women shelters’ around the Great Toronto Area.
The computer program this fundraiser will support has tremendous potential to make incredible impact in our community. One of the most expensive cost to the program is the access to internet, the goal is to launch the program with enough funding to sustain it for 18-months. With your generous support, we hope to launch this program in 2019
This program refurbishes computer equipment donated by individuals and corporations to strict standards and utilize them in the program partnering with our shelters-in-partner to reach previously under-served communities.
Connect TO Success empowers individuals by providing them some of the tools they require to achieve new skill set breakthrough. Making progress in breaking the cycle of poverty. The reach and potential of this program is tremendous!
Our vision as the next phase of this program is to provide educational workshops whereby these clients can gain valuable experience in the field of information and communications technologies ensuring access to digital tools needed for the skills of tomorrow.
- Obtain computers from donor, wiping-out the computer to their standard
- Design program for long term sustainability & scalability
- Work with partners to ensure successful rollout to clients
- Awareness of the laptop library for key target-client demographic
Providing computers to youth who would not otherwise have access to them helps to open doors to the world, and to a brighter future
- All aspect of IT for Connect T.O. Success – including wiping the data from donated computers & setup of computer
- Design program, work with internal executive to execute plan
- Oversee successful integration of program with partner’s need
- Main point of contact with digital education partner
- Main point of contact with program partner at the shelters
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Familiar with open-source softwares
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
Qualified candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Information Technology Director” in the subject line.
Application deadline June 30, 2019.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.