Job Posting: Success Academy Instructor
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a no-frills operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses that is privately funded. You can rest assured that 100% of the public’s generous donation to The Local Charity goes directly towards the program.
- Offer educational workshops for the clients at our partner’s
- Provide educational workshops that develops tangible skill sets that prepares them for the workforce
The program is Success Academy, more information on at http://thelocalcharity.com/the-solution/.
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Familiarity in adult education, with a focus on tangible skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Collaborate with our Education Program Director to curate program syllabus
- Conduct workshop at our partner shelter’s venue
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Possess practical skill set for today’s workforce and ability to teach it
- Comfortable presenting to students with various learning style
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Success Academy Instructor” in the subject line.
Application deadline November 30, 2019.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.