Job Posting: Education Program Director
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a no-frills operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses that is privately funded. You can rest assured that 100% of the public’s generous donation to The Local Charity goes directly towards the program.
- Offer educational workshops for the clients at our partner’s
- Provide educational workshops that develops tangible skill sets that prepares them for the workforce
The program is Success Academy, more information on at http://thelocalcharity.com/the-solution/.
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Familiarity in adult education, with a focus on education
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
- Excellent time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- All aspect program development for Success Academy
- Design program, work with internal executive to execute plan for long term sustainability & scalability
- Main point of contact with digital education partners and partner at the shelters
- Recruit and interview workshop instructors
- Oversee successful integration of program with partner’s need
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Familiar with open-source softwares
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com. Please quote “Education Program Director” in the subject line.
Application deadline November 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.