Job Posting: Creative Director/Manager
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered. The title is flexible based on candidate’s experience.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a lean operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses.
The two main focuses for the Creative Director are:
- Establishing the company’s creative philosophy, objectives, and strategies (brand book) that will lead their creative output.
- Leading the visual marketing and brand communications, ensuring the quality and coherence of visuals and messaging, as well as interactive and motion designs.
This is a great opportunity to give back to your local community while gaining valuable skill set specific to marketing and leadership development!
- Believing in our cause is mandatory 🙂
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, (nice to have) Google Analytics
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Familiarity in Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing, with a focus on digital and social media
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to meet philanthropic objectives, a plan that will strengthen existing relationships and build support for specific campaign initiatives
- Develop and maintain key messaging, branding, across all communications channels (including business cards, letterhead, printed banners, power point presentation, certificate, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Participation on relevant committees, both internally and within the community
Accountability and Organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable to see projects, programs, and efforts through to completion.
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize
- Critical thinking and detail-oriented
*Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is July 10, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.