Job Posting: Computer Program Director
Note: This is an executive volunteer position. No financial compensation is offered.
The Local Charity is a volunteer-run Canadian registered non-profit charity based in Toronto devoted to breaking the cycle of poverty. Our mission is to enable and inspire individuals to reach their greatest potential. Our goal is to empower them to be the author of their own story.
We are a no-frills operation run entirely by volunteers with minimal overhead expenses that is privately funded. You can rest assured that 100% of the public’s generous donation to The Local Charity goes directly towards the program.
- Refurbish computers from corporate and individual donors
- Improve access of technology to underprivileged youth through partnering with youth shelters in the Greater Toronto area
The program is Connect TO Success, more information on at http://thelocalcharity.com/the-solution/.
- Believing in our cause is mandatory
- Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency
- Vision to inspire and lead our local community to be charitable, be kind to one another (be it via The Local Charity or other avenue).
- Familiarity in technology, with a focus on education
- Familiarity in project management, structures and processes
- Exposure to network of volunteer-base and donor-base is an asset
- Excellent time management, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive, resourceful, creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- All aspect program development for Connect TO Success
- Design program, work with internal executive to execute plan for long term sustainability & scalability
- Oversee successful integration of program with partner’s need
- Main point of contact with digital education partners and partner at the shelters
- Collaborate with our IT manager to configure computer assets to code
- Work with partners to ensure successful rollout to clients (youth)
- Awareness of the laptop library for key target-client demographic
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Familiar with open-source softwares
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
* Clearance of vulnerable sector background check with the police via our agency is required
Qualified candidates should apply via email to email@example.com. Please quote “Computer Program Director” in the subject line.
Application deadline January 31, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.